Local 150 Scholarship Program
The Local 150 Scholarship Program, established in 2013, aims to support the children of Local 150 members with the costs associated with college. Local 150 awards two types of scholarships:
- Two-year scholarships for community colleges
- Four-year scholarships for colleges and universities
Four (4) four-year scholarships will be awarded, valued at $2,500 per year, renewable for up to four years for a total of up to $10,000. Recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA and meet requirements to renew each year.
Two (2) two-year scholarships will also be awarded, valued at $1,000 per year, renewable for up to two years for a total of up to $2,000. Recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA and meet requirements to renew each year.
In order to meet eligibility requirements, each candidate must:
- be at least a high school senior at the time of application
- be provisionally accepted or previously accepted as a full-time student into a two-year associate degree program at an accredited community college or as a full time student into an undergraduate degree program at a four-year accredited college or university
- be a citizen of the United States
- have a parent (or legal guardian) who is a current member of IUOE Local 150 or a retiree who is current on dues.
More information is in the application package, which you can access at www.foodbank150.org.
Applications must be received by February 17, 2014.
Members' children may also be eligible for the following scholarship programs:
Construction Industry Service Corporation 2014 Scholarship Program
Who is Eligible? Any child of Local 150 member who is currently a high-school senior
What does it include? $2,000 per year for up to 4 years (total of $8,000) (2 available)
How Do I Apply?
Applications are available at www.cisco.org
or by calling (630) 472-9411
Applications are Due February 21, 2014
Union Plus Scholarship Program
Who is Eligible? Current and retired members, spouses and children who have been accepted to a university, community college, or technical school.
What Does it Include? A one-time award ranging between $500-$4,000 (130 awarded in 2011)
Applications are Due January 31, 2014
Chicago Federation of Labor William A. Lee Scholarship ProgramWho is Eligible?
Any child of a Local 150 member who is currently a high-school seniorWhat Does it Include?
A one-time award of $2,000 (10 available)How Do I Apply?
Applications will be posted at www.chicagolabor.org
on Jan. 1, 2014.Application must be submitted between January 1 - March 1.